Thursday, February 11, 2010

Basic Grey and a Little Embossing

I have been finding such fun patterns and challenges. It's a joy to get some cards done and share them with you!

I completed the first card for the Basic Grey challenges using their sketch. I thought this sketch was just wonderful, and I am sure I will use it over and over again! You may not recognize this Basic Grey at first look, but it is very recent. I used the Eskimo Kisses line for this card. Always look at the back side of your paper - you never know what treasure you will find! The back side made this paper so versatile for other times of the year. The stickers are also Eskimo Kisses, the flowers are Bazzill, and the stamp set is CTMH. If you click on the image, you may be able to see the Glossy Accents on the flowers.


I finished the next card for the Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps technique embossing challenge. The embossing is to center stage in this challenge - no coloring at all. I used Bazzill textured CS, Zing Vanilla embossing powder, CTMH ribbons, and CTMH Treasure Life stamp set. The parts of the flowers that look blue are actually places where I put Stickles for a little shine.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE that Basic Grey card. You always use the richest colors and textures.

Dawnll said...

Wow I am loving those papers and the sentiment. I also love the stamp set from CTMH, I have made so many special cards with this set.
I always love the special details you use to make all your cards special.

Unknown said...

Stunning cards, my friend! I love using the back sides of paper too! This one is divine!!!

The blue and white is so very striking, the stickles add just the right touch of sparkle to it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Carol L said...

This is just gorgeous, and one of my very favorite stamp sets!!

Clean & Simple Crafts! said...

Your cards are just beautiful!

Dixie Cochran said...

Love the Zing!!!

Operation Write Home said...

Wowowowow, your white embossing on navy is insanely beauuuutiful!

Martine said...

Two beautiful cards, thanks so much for joining in with this weeks challenge over at BasicGrey Challenges :)

xx

Martine

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...