Saturday, October 8, 2011

Peace on Earth

I saw this tutorial by Beate Johns on Splitcoast Stampers this week and wanted to give it a whirl.  It is called a Double Z-Fold card, and I used the CTMH Kraft Die-Cut 6x6 cards to make it.  I have had a package of them sitting near my desk, and I thought this was the perfect time to put them to use!


With the double z-fold, a 6x6 card is folded down to 4".  I used Wonderland paper on the folds. The snowflakes on the blue flap have been stamped and embossed with white powder (mixed with a little prisma, of course!).  I wanted this card to remain simple on the outside because of the sentiment on the inside:


Inside I embossed Peace on Earth and a snow swirl.  The stamp set I used for this card is Snow Flurries.  What a gorgeous set for the holidays and for general winter cards!

I used a little chocolate striped grosgrain to tie around the card, and I left it just loose enough to be able to slide it over the card.  That allowed me to die-cut a layered snowflake from the Art Philosophy cartridge and adhere it over the knot.  That flower button from the blue button assortment is so sweet and works perfectly in the middle of the snowflake!

I saw a couple of challenges that I will enter this card into - Bah!Humbug! (glitz and glitter) and Just Add Ink (die-cuts).

8 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi there , not only is your card amazing and clever but you have chosen such gorgeous colours ! I love this very inspirational indeed.

Marie

Annie said...

love your card - must check out that tutorial. I too love the colours you have used.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! Dt

Kendra-Sue and Jamie said...

Wow, your card is stunning. I love the brown and blue. It is one of my favorite color combinations. The ribbon is perfect for the card. I haven't tried one of these cards, I love Beate's tutorials, though. They are always fantastic.

Thank you for joining us at Humbug Hall this week.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh. This is lovely. I wish I'd seen this card earlier today when I got out the Wonderland paper to play with. It's so peaceful and inspiring. :-)

Max said...

Very elegant and just enough sparkly to be classy. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

curlyqmosaics said...

Absolutely stunning card! I love the colors!

Gretel said...

Very beautiful. This is the first time I have seen the potential of the striped chocolate grosgrain.

Dortesjs said...

Absolutely fabulous

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...