Sunday, November 7, 2010

What's Your Bucket List?

That is the challenge this week at Better Living Through Scrapbooking.  It was a very heartfelt project for me, and I did a lot of thinking.  Our sponsors this month along with Plaid and Discount Cardstock are Charlene's Button Box and Punky Sprouts.  Here are the details for the challenge:

November Challenge #1 - “Bucket List” Challenge
Create a layout or mini-album about the items on your “bucket list” (things you want to do or see before you “kick the bucket”).

Choose at least 2 of the following:
1. Use only scraps of paper from your scrap paper collection in the album.
2. Use photos printed from a royalty-free photo website such as Stock Xchange to represent the items in your album from your “bucket list”.
3. Use color mist such as Tattered Angels, walnut ink spray, or your own homemade color spray to add some color to your mini-album pages.
4. On the cover of your mini-book, use various rub-ons for the title.


I was very happy to work with this Punky Sprouts album. These marvelous mini albums are so sturdy and have so much variety within themselves! I used Crate’s new collection, Restoration, for this album. So often I scrap in “boy” colors, and because this was for me, I wanted something pretty and soft. I used Plaid’s Mod Podge to adhere all my paper, and when the album was completed I sealed the covers with Plaid’s Matte Mod Podge. It’s a fabulous sealer so that your work on mini albums is protected. I splashed some paint across the front, let it dry, and then stamped “my bucket list” with Staz-On timber brown. The little butterfly resting on the banner is a button from Charlene’s Button Box. 

I splashed some paint on the corners and used rub-on numbers to mark my list items.  I wanted to go through and explain each of my items, but I put little titles on each page using letters from October Afternoon.  The journal blocks you will see on all my pages are printable stamps from The Cutting Cafe

Now I love fabric/canvas pages! Anything you can do on a regular page, you can do on canvas. Rub-ons adhere very well!
If you want to read my pages, just click on the picture. I took my pictures up close so that you would be able to do that. I wrote very honestly in my album. After all, it’s just between you and me :)
I will tell you what my mid pages are all about. This is an acrylic page, but I covered it with paper because I wanted to continue with the flow of the beautiful Crate paper. The journaling on the first part of this page says, “Pausing here…who knew it would be so difficult to write a bucket list? To think about ‘before the end.’ My guess is that I must be living a contented life…” (Look to the next page for the rest of this thought.)
I continue on the back of the rounded page by saying, "…because I am GOOD with what I am accomplishing and do not have any regrets. It is amazing if we let go and let God, our journey is all the richer." 
Those fabulous chipboard elements from Crate are just fabulous!
 
I am anxious to see what you come up with for this week’s project!


Sponsor Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock “Kraft #80, Clove Felt #80”
Embellishments: Charlene’s Button Box
Adhesives: Plaid: All Night Media “Pop Dots, Mod Podge Paper, Mod Podge Matte
Paint: Plaid: Apple Barrel “Antique White”

Additional Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Close To My Heart “Colonial White”
Patterned Paper: Crate “Restoration”
Ink: Staz-On “Timber Brown”
Stamps: Close To My Heart “Felicity”; The Cutting Cafe “Jot it Down”
Embellishments: Crate “Restoration Stickers, Rub-Ons, and Chipboard”; Jenni Bowlin “Chipboard Banners, Bingo Card”; Close To My Heart “Colonial White Crocheted Ribbon, Black Legacy Writer, Sparkles, Number Rub-Ons”; Mark Richards “Assorted Gems and Pearls”; October Afternoon “Letter Stickers”; Bo Bunny “Mama-Razzi Flowers”; Prima “Natural Flowers”; Michael’s “Organdy Ribbon White and Gold”

Other Tools: Martha Stewart “Double Loop Punch”; Making Memories Slice Design Card “Bon Appetit”

15 comments:

Dawnll said...

Wow girl this is amazing! I just read all your pages and it really is so heartfelt. Wonderful job sharing what means the most and realizing what is important.I sure hope you accomplish all of them and so much more my friend.

Unknown said...

I love this album!!!! It is so you and so very true! Sometimes we just have to let go, and let God!!!! your embellies are so very perfect. I loved reading your list and how you live with no regrets! I suppose that is why we are such good friends!
hugs to you today!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

What an amazing album!

Unknown said...

OH, Brenda! I don't even know what to say. Not only is your album stunningly beautiful, but the peek I got into your heart was priceless. You are such a wonderful woman!

Barb Craft said...

First of all... what a great idea!! We all have things we want to accomplish, see or visit! Getting them written down and all in one place is such a fabulous keepsake!! You took this idea and made one of the most amazing albums I have ever seen!! You seriously outdid yourself on this one!! Everything about it is spectacular!!
Barb :)

Marg Van Patten said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful and so very much "you'. You are an inspiration.

Jamie Harder said...

This is so AMAZING!!! So gorgeous and inspiring!!

jessica_haley555 said...

I love this idea. I have a top 25 things to do before I'm 25 list. After I turn 25 I am going to make a mini album of all the things I've done.

Regina Easter said...

WOW WOW WOW brenda, this is fabulous...I love this...

bakscrap said...

Wow Brenda! This is great! I spent a few minutes reading each page, the time you spent thinking about this project is evident. I usually shy away from these challenges because I have been very blessed in my life, and can't think of much to put on my list. Your aproach has changed my thinking.

Single Stone Studios said...

This is beautiful. I love every page! The colors, patterns, textures. I've been contemplating the thought, for several weeks now, of what it means to be an authentic Christian and how to live that out in my daily life. Your "bucket list" just continues this thought for me. I'm so glad I found a link to this post. May God continue to make your life richer as you continue to let go and let Him.

Jen Lee said...

Brenda, this is amazing! Thank you for sharing a piece of your heart and soul with us. This is really inspiring!

Lindy said...

WOW.....I love this!!!! How gorgeous!

Lacey said...

This book is BEAUTIFUL!! Love the idea!

Meg said...

Wow! This is such a thought-provoking book! I need to work on writing my own list--you've given me such great inspiration!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...