Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thinking of the Sunshine!

Even though 4th of July has passed, I am really enjoying working with these colors. I am combining two challenges with this friendship card. The first is the Cuttlebug Be Inspired challenge. The challenge was to use red, white, and blue with buttons and the Swiss Dots folder.

Then I looked over the challenge for Stamping 411, and the pattern. It was so nice to work with this pattern and combine the lovely red, white, and blue papers. Here's what I used:
  • Outdoor Denim Textured Cardstock
  • Creative Imaginations Sugar-Coated Paper
  • Outdoor Denim CTMH Accessories
  • Bazzill Flowers
  • Memories Complete Overlay

I do suppose I should have stamped on this card, but this overlay was perfect for the card I want to send in the next couple of days. Oh how lovely the Swiss Dots folder is on the sugar-coated paper. I just wishes it was easier to photograph! I used Cuttlebug metal dies to make the 3 scalloped squares.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very beautiful card!!
thanks for playing with us at CCB!
**Jackie**
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Brenda Your card is `fabulous`!!!!
thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenges.
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Laurel said...

Wow, fabulous cards!

Unknown said...

I am SOOOOO in love with this card. You should send it in to a magazine, girl! Definitely publishable.

margvp said...

I agree with Karen...you really NEED to send this one in! Denim is an all time favorite of mine and this combo with the swiss dot is wonderful!! Thanks for sharing. {margvp}

Connie Babbert said...

Love the detail on your card! Great job with taking a simple sketch and turning it into a WOW!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...