Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Puppy Love

In our household, we are of the thought that every house needs a pooch.  Yes, they are trouble sometimes, and they make a lot of extra work.  But there is nothing like that doggie hug and that happy doggie smile just when you need it the most!

This layout is for Your Scrapbook Stash.  The challenge is to create using any Echo Park papers.  How easy is that?!  I used A Walk in the Park paper and stickers for this one.  I added some gems using the Imaginisce i-top tool.

I didn't realize that it's been so long since I've posted!  I have been busy looking for another job.  I have a couple really good leads (one of them is even teaching again!), and I'll know by the end of the week what I am going to do.

What I know right now is this.  Life is short - and I especially learned that after I had a mini stroke a few months ago.  For those of you that have been following me for awhile, you know that I have been blessed with many health issues, huh?  I say blessed in the most serious of tones.  I believe that God never allows more than we can handle.  AND I sometimes think that He allows things because we need a good wake up call.  With that being said, I am deciding to be very particular about where I work now, and that's why I am looking again. Respect and high standards of excellence are important to me, and I am quite certain God will lead me exactly to the right place!

It's also very busy with Shane at home again.  I LOVE that!  He starts cosmetology school full time in December, and I am very excited for him!  Maybe a little excited for me, too, because this is free haircuts and pedicures for life!!  Most recently I dyed my hair blond and Shane put some brown and red highlights in my hair.  Wow - was that tough to get used to!  But he had fun playing, and I am now having fun with something a little bit different.

After this post, I am heading to my recipe books.  This weekend is my sister's annual cookie bake.  She has had these for years and years, but this is the very first one I've been able to attend.  Shane and Jerry are coming with me, and I know everyone will be happy about that.  Some of my family members haven't seen Shane in over 2 years.  I'll be sure to share loads of pictures so that you can get in the mood for Christmas baking!

If you stayed with me, thanks for reading through!  Every once in a while, a girl's jsut gotta ramble!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun layout. I LOVE the journaling! A cookie bake? What exactly is that? I can tell it is something I'd like!

jessica_haley555 said...

Cute page. I love the circle with the different papers. Looks really good.

Kelly Massman said...

I love your page, and I know what you mean about health issues--I have many myself. I am lucky to have a job that is wonderful for me as well as the students I tutor! It doesn't pay well, but money isn't everything and we seem to do ok!
Best wishes!
hugs

Lisa Jane said...

awww what a fabulous layout
Lisa ;)

Patti said...

I am so happy you'll be able to make it to cookie bake too! And Shane! That will be so nice to see him! It is always a fun and productive day! Lots of laughs and cookies! As always, your work inspires me to get busy on my own scrapbooking! It's beautiful!

Dawnll said...

I love to hear how you are doing, have missed the chats. Glad your on the mend and have a great outlook to it all.Like you I know God has a purpose so I keep plugging along, looking for that great fit.
It was fun to see your little buddy Chanel. I also believe a pet has given me a new life and can't imagine life without her.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...