Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life Unscripted

I am taking an amazing online card class called Inspiration Showcase.  It's day two, and I have learned so much from Jennifer McGuire!  The past couple of days, she has been demonstrating resist techniques, and I had an idea right away.  I used the card sketch at Frosted Designs as a jumping point for this card (click on the link to find the sketch).


I wanted to not only use the emboss resist technique, but I wanted to make sure this card had a vintage and distressed feel for the Shopping Our Stash challenge.   I used a bamboo cardstock base, and I stamped some weeds with Versamark.  If you look closely (just click on the picture), I also have two small circles with weeds.  I used white embossing powder mixed with a very teensy bit of prisma glitter.  I tried something very different and sprinkled flecks of the embossing powder toward the bottom of the card.  Not enough to be defined, but rather to look like splatters.  After embossing, I sponged the front with goldrush ink and the edges with chocolate.  Next time I will try more sprinkled flecks, but for my first try, I loved the look!  This card front was attached to a clear scalloped card.It's always so much fun to try something new!!

Items used:
Clear Cards
Bamboo Cardstock
Goldrush Ink
Chocolate Ink
Unscripted Stamp Set
White Embossing Powder
Prisma Glitter
Versamark
Mocha Opaque Gems
Chocolate-Striped Grosgrain
Art Philosophy

15 comments:

Stampalicious said...

This is beautiful Brenda! I love the distressed feel of this card, and that flower is amazing! Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Lynn said...

this is gorgeous! I love all the texture!

Laurel said...

What a pretty card!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! This is breath-takingly gorgeous!

Leslie Hanna said...

I love the look! Aren't Jennifer McGuire's classes amazing? You will learn so much!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Ann said...

Brenda,
I love your techniques and all of the elements on this card. It is just beautiful! (I love seeing CTMH showing up in other places, too!) Thank for joining our very first Card Sketch Challenge at Frosted Designs!

Joanne said...

Beautiful card Brenda! I love the colors and you did a fantastic job on the resist technique! Keep having fun with your class. So glad you joined us at FD for our Card Sketch Challenge, come again!

Tresa Black said...

So lovely! I'm visiting your blog for the first time and I love it. You are very talented!

Unknown said...

wow, this is so gorgeous! :D glad we'll be playing together at cardabilities!
hugs
Clelia

June Houck said...

Yummy blues and browns! This is a gorgeous card, Brenda. I took a Jennifer class a year ago with my friend, Leslie Hanna (comment #5 above), and we had a blast! She is amazing.

Stacy H-W said...

Brenda, this turned out lovely!! Great first try~~

Linda Breedlove said...

I've thought about taking that class... well I need to think harder. What you've done here is gorgeous!!!!

Angela said...

Love this!!! I am doing this class too!! I haven't had a chance to look but I have big plans to do so on the weekend! Even more so now I have seen your gorgeous card!! Thank you for sharing and joining in at frosted designs FIRST card challenge xx

paige said...

A beautiful distressed card! I almost missed the clear scalloped card base! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

Sunny79 said...

This is so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs Card Challenges.
Hugs, Marina.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...