Monday, August 31, 2009

Stamping over at Practical Scrappers

This week the design team over at Practical Scrappers was to use stamping. You'll have to check them out! When I think of stamping, I think random stamping for a unique look. It also lets you create absolutely any type of paper you want!
Before I go into the design of this layout, I want to tell you a little about the featured gal in this layout. her name is Kelly, and if you click the layout, you'll see that I've highlighted her face with a window charm. She was on my team whe I was a director for CTMH. All I can say is that she is a fabulous person. She exceeded any and all expectations as a consultant and leader on my team. At convention in 2008, she was given an award for Top Sales as a new consultant. I could go on and on about her, but that would embarrass her much, I know. The layout says it all. Clearly she was (and should have been named) a Rising Star at Leadership this year.
For this layout, I used the Cottage Floral and Tiny Typewriter stamps set to create my paper. Colors used were Tulip, Sorbet, Creme Brulee, and Juniper. I have shown you the paper before it was used below. When you are random stamping, the way to get it even is to work in triangles. Your first triangle will work off your second and so on. You should really try this technique some time. It's fun and relaxing! After I stamped, I used my stipple brush to warm up the page.

I also cut some flowers from Cottage Floral (I love to cut and make die-cuts from a stamp set!) I used them randomly on the layout with pop dots, and I put window charms in the center for some pop. That is the close-up example I've shown you below.
Try random stamping! And if you do, I'd love to see your work! Send me an e-mail or direct me to your blog. I always love to see other people's work!!

3 comments:

Dawnll said...

You are just such a sweetie, I love how you honor so many people...Everyone must love being around you for your great attitude. Love your project also I am always inspired.

Unknown said...

Brenda, your random stamped paper is just a gorgeous as any you'd find in a specialty store. Your layout is just awesome! I agree with Dawn, you are so very uplifting!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

Wow, look at that gorgeous Random Stamping!!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...