Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bo Bunny's Gypsy in a Couple Different Ways

Paper to me is like fabric is to a seamstress. And just every once in awhile I run across some paper that absolutely takes my breath away. That's how I felt when I saw one of Bo Bunny's line - Gypsy. The colors and textures to these papers are amazing! I picked them out to do a couple layouts that will go into different books.


The first layout you are looking at is a sketch from Bo Bunny. I wanted to use the paper itself for as many elements as possible, so I made embellishments for the page with my Slice. Along with Gypsy paper, I used a couple of Bazzill flowers, two Fancy Pants buttons, CTMH bamboo waxy flax, and some Hero Arts gemstones. If you open this up, you will see that I used Liquid Glass on the copper-colored round spots. No journaling yet! I made my lines on the right side with my Crafter's Workshop template, but I'd like to finish the companion page first.


The second layout is a template from Inspired Blueprints. Again, the paper is so gorgeous that I just didn't want to use much else. I used CTMH rub-ons for journaling the pictures. That retained the beauty of the paper and yet allowed me to put names to faces on this heritage layout. I add a touch of Artsylicious velvet ribbon and a old fashioned pin from Tim Holtz. You'll also find CTMH antique copper brads along the layout.











5 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful layouts!!!!!

Penny said...

These two layouts are gorgeous. I love the papers you have been using lately... lol

Michelle H. said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Oh girl, you rocked both sketches. That new Bo Bunny is delish. I saw some the other day and couldn't decide. Now I want it for sure. your layouts are so inspiring to me. Love love love them. Especially the one of you and Jerry. You are such a beautiful couple. He seems so romantic!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

Wow, absolutely stunning!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...