Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Back! Thought I'd Share a Little Work

I am back from my 4-day retreat at Old Crafty Corner. We had such a great time in such a cozy retreat house! Lots of laughs, talking, and good food. Mostly though, we all got a lot done!! I have always separated my Christmas pictures, so I tackled them this weekend. I managed to get 10 years of Christmas done. When I started only having scraps left from particular paper, I used those to create my Christmas cards. I think I ended up with about 30 cards. Good, productive weekend!

I thought I'd share some of my work with you this morning. I wish I could remember what company makes the paper for this first card. I've had this paper in my stash for awhile, and I just love it. This is a 6x6 card, and I've used both sides of the paper. As you can see, it was a relatively easy card, but I think it will be a nice winter birthday card.





















The second card is made from the CTMH Jingle paper packet (everything is CTMH). I used a template to make the card shape, and this was quite the simple card, too. For the star, I stamped in Creme Brulee first. Then I covered the whole star in Dazzle Versamark ink and clear detail embossing powder. That's why you'll see a shine to the star. Cute card using just a little of this and that.






















If you have a chance to retreat, always try to make the time! You and your scrapbooks will be very happy that you did!! We all get so busy, I know, but this is a great way to make time for yourself and bond with friends along the way!

6 comments:

Welcome to Sara Batkin's Legacies Of Love said...

Super cute Brenda :O)

Unknown said...

Oh my sweet girlfriend, it does look as though you had a very productive weekend! I'm so happy that you got to scrap and make cards. 10 years worth of Christmas pix, wowie! I'm so very jealous... I wish someday we could have a retreat, I'd love to visit with you, laugh, scrap, and eat good food. Hugs to you dear!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! I love both cards, but I really love that star. What a great touch to add the clear detail powder.

Jamie Harder said...

Wow sounds like you were productive!!! Love your cards!!!

Laurel said...

Wow, these are great! I love your star card.

Michelle H. said...

Beautiful artwork, Brenda!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...