Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mom's Christmas Card & A Little Surprise

Well actually, I made two of these cards, and they are going to my mother and Jerry's mother. I founded some beautiful SEI Winter Song paper for this project. In the two places where you see ribbon, it is actually triple layered (all CTMH) - Colonial White organdy, Cranberry Organdy, and Colonial White crocheted ribbon. When I do this many layers of ribbon, I use Terrifically Tacky for adhering them. I scalloped the bottom of the front side of the card and dusted it with CTMH Heavenly Blue ink. The embellishments are pretty simple. Random snowflakes (I think they are Jolee's). My large embellishment is a 4" snowflake cut from my Slice layered with a Bazzill flower and glittered dot. Easy peasy, but elegant for our mothers.

Now for my surprise! I was interviewed last week at Archiver's to be an instructor. Today I learned that I was hired!! I'll be starting next week (after my orientation this week), and I couldn't be more excited!! I have shopped and cropped at this particular Archiver's for so long, and I love the team of women that are employed there. It is going to be amazing being their co-worker and learning the ropes from them! I am so looking forward to teaching again, so I feel very blessed that Archiver's offered me this opportunity!
What a great day!!

3 comments:

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

Ohh Branda, this card is wonderful!
Annette

Laurel said...

A beautiful card! Congrats to you, lucky them!

Unknown said...

your mother's card is stunning! I love the blue and red together! It is just perfect.

I knew you had the job! I'm so excited for you!!!!Congrats..and big hugs
Blessings,
kIm xXx

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...