Monday, May 31, 2010

Just Chillin'

**Don't forget about my Surprise Blog Candy!!  If you don't know what I am talking about, read about it here!  I will also be drawing for the two Operation Write Home prizes on Tuesday morning.  What an exciting week of prizes!!

Ok, on to some artwork!  I found it hard to be in my craft room today.  It is absolutely gorgeous outside - high 70s with a light breeze.  Perfect summer day!  But I did see a sketch this morning that I wanted to give a try.  It is from StuckOnUSketches:

Now it would have be fun to fill this sketch with flowers and bling.  You know me - if there is a way to add a multitude of flowers, I will do it!  However, I had some cute, cute, cute pictures of Shane and Jerry that I wanted to scrap.

Shane's clothes matched this paper perfectly! I saw this sketch in a completely different way once I pulled out those little boy pictures!  I can't wait to show this one to Shane!

Items used: Bo Bunny Sunkissed paper, stickers, and chipboard; CTMH White Daisy CS; Petaloo Color Me Crazy flowers; TPC Googly Eyes; Mark Richards gems

12 comments:

Laurel said...

What a fun and cheerful layout!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love your take on the sketch! What a fab way to get lots of pix, right? Great colors and awesome titlework! Thanks for playing with us today!

Unknown said...

OMG, I'm marking this one to scraplift. You totally roced the sketch! THe paper are an exact match to Shane's clotes. love, love, LOVE it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

sucor said...

Love it! Fun and colorful!

Irena said...

Your layout is so cute and fun. The papers are so beautiful, every detail is wonderful.
Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Wow Brenda...I am way in love with this! You may have been indoors scrapping but you brought the summer in with this LO! I ADORE the paper and the embellishments...gosh everyone so rocked this sketch out this week! must be the summer fever (mind you its foggy out right now???? terrible!)
But anyways...I think this is incredible!

Pat said...

This does match perfectly!! Great page!

Lillian Child said...

I do so love sketches, as it gives me a starting point from which to create - your page is absolutely fab!!

Nanne said...

Oh wow..so loving your happy colorful layout.. what a great take on this weeks sketch and just shows you how versatile these sketches can be.. fantastic job..Hope to see you again next week..
hugs
Nanné

Marsha said...

Such a cute, bright, cheery page.

jengd said...

My first reaction to that sketch was "You've GOT to be kidding me! WAY too much!" but seeing your take on it really changed my mind. Beautifully done!

Rufus said...

Hmm, I can see some really great cards using this paper! Not to mention that's a great scrapbook page.
R/

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...