Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Wishes and a New Challenge at Sarah Hurley

First of all, I want to wish all my blogging friends in the United States a very blessed Thanksgiving!  I hope you are celebrating a warm and wonderful day with family.  We are at home today - our little family of 3 - and we are about to start our Thanksgiving meal.  First, I will get the turkey in the roaster (lots of little secrets to keep it moist!).  My family's favorite part of the day is when I start my cranberry-walnust stuffing in the fry pan.  A little butter, celery, and onions all sauteed with sage.  Yummy - that sure makes the house smell good!  Then I'll get to my deep dish apple pie.  Yes, I know that pumpkin is traditional, but my hubby wanted apple this year!  I am quite sure we'll all have had plenty to eat by the end of the day!  Have I told you what time I have to be at work on Black Friday?  Well, think of me when you go out shopping because I have to be at work at 3:15 am!  I think I'll be napping Friday afternoon!

Well, on to Sarah Hurley's challenge this week.  The challenge is masking, and here is what I came up with using Sarah's digi images:

I cut the banner from the December Daily/Christmas Journal digi kit, and laid them out on white cardstock.  Then I sprayed some pretty green Christmas green spray over the banners to mask the images.

Now, I want to share a Thanksgiving poem that I really love.   My wishes are sent to you for a lovely day!

Thanksgiving Day Prayer

Lord, so often times, as any other day
When we sit down to our meal and pray
We hurry along and make fast the blessing
Thanks. Amen. Now please pass the dressing.
But Lord, I'd like to take a few minute more
To really give thanks for what I'm thankful for.

For my family, my health, a nice soft bed
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head.
I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know.

Thankful, dear Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure
Thankful that within my heart lives life's greatest treasure.
Thank you, dear Jesus, as you reside in that place
And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace.

So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided
And bless each and every person that we have invited.
Amen! - by Scott Wesemann

6 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful poem ... Happy Thanksgiving Brenda ..brilliant masked card ,, thank you for the insiratuion when i was panicking lol
have a wonderful day
Lisa ;)

Laurel said...

Beautiful poem and card! Love the masking!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. 3:15 am? That is torture!

Unknown said...

I hope you and your family had the most blessed day! We did. Ben and I had two family dinners to attend...we ate really well and spent so much quality time with our families.
I love your masking. The ribbon is such a dainty little addition!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Brenda!

Sarah x

Jamie Harder said...

Love the card and what a beautiful poem! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving:-)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...