Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So Happy for You

I wanted to play with the sketch this week at Sassy Lil Card Sketches.  I found it very easy to take this one literally and just create.  This is a quick 10-minute card that is so bright and cheerful!  Here is Cherie's sketch and my card:


Items used: CTMH Caboodle paper and stickease (discontinued - but still available in Studio J!); Heartfelt Whimsy felt flower (3-12x12 die cut flet sheets for $1.50); Buttercup Bigger Brads; and Sorbet dash ribbon (20 yds for $2.00). 

Then I wanted to show you a fun project.  I've been preparing the walls for painting for my craft room, and when I took off the plain old outlet covers, I got to thinking.  Jerry is painting the room a light beige, so I found a sheet of paper in my stash.  I am not sure what it is ( I want to say 7Gypsies?), but it was perfect for my project.

Decorative covers were nearly $5.00!  I managed to recycle the old ones with a little paper and Martha's decoupage.  Those delicate flowers  are filled with so many different colors that I'll be able to pull out and decorate with.  Jerry's painting tomorrow, so I am going to spend the weekend getting my craft room organized.  I'll share pictures when it's all done!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful projects! love the switch covers!

Rufus said...

Pretty covers! I don't know whether to envy you, nice newly painted room, all organized goodies, or pity you,having to take everything out and then organize! I'm sure it will be marvelous
R/

Marg Van Patten said...

You must be so happy to be putting a new craft room together! Isn't it great that we have handy guys in our lives? I'm looking forward to seeing the photos .... or better yet, coming over for a cup 'o joe sometime and seeing it for myself! BTW ... adorable card!

Gail said...

That is a great idea ,I love it .

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...