Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pickles Anyone?

I found a recipe in this month's Weight Watcher's magazine for refrigerator pickles. I thought that would be great fun to make them. We love Clausen pickles, but have you noticed the price of them? There was no harm in trying to make something garlic-y with a bit of a crunch.
Here's the recipe:

20 fresh dill sprigs
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
12 medium pickling cucumbers, quartered lengthwise
2 cups cider vinegar
1-1/4 cups water
1 T. kosher salt
1 T. sugar
  • Divide 12 dill sprigs and garlic among 4 canning jars (1 pint jars).  Divide cucmbers among jars, packing to withing 1/2 inch of hte top.  Divide remaining 8 dill sprigs among jars, tucking between spears.
  • To make the pickling liquid, combine vinegar, water, salt, and sugar in medium saucepan.  Bring to boil, stirring occasionally, until salt and sugar are dissolved.  Boil 2 minutes.
  • Divide pickling liquid among jars to cover cucumbers.  Cover tightly with lids.  Let cool 30 minutes.  Chill at least 24 hours or up to one month.
Now how easy is that?  Jerry LOVES them and says that's the pickle he'd like from now on.  Yay!!

I haven't updated my artwork in a couple of days, but I'll be getting back to that tomorrow.  I had a flowers class to prepare for this morning so I've been working on that.  What a fun time teaching people to make 10 different flowers!

The temperature is supposed to be 99 tomorrow with a heat index of 115.  It's supposed to stay that way through Thursday,  I'll be in my craft room a lot, so keep checking for new artwork!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...