Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Quick Little Easter Basket and a Good Book

I am teaching a class tonight, so I wanted something festive for the center of the table.  Naturally, I turned to the Artiste cartridge to make this cute little basket.



Maybe this took 15 minutes to make - really!  I had scraps of Chantilly, and I used the Spring/Easter key to make all the cuts.  Let's see, that would be the basket, handle, grass, and flowers.  I used red super tape to hold it all together so that it's good and strong for these jelly beans.  I had been hoarding saving some discontinued blush brads, and they worked nicely for the handle and center of flowers.  What a fun little piece for your Easter table or to set on a co-workers desk!

I have been reading a wonderful book called "I Declare" by Joel Osteen.  What a wonderfully uplifting book!    The book is divided into 31 small chapters somewhat like a monthly devotional.  These bite-sized nuggets are just enough for one day because there is so much to ponder.  If you are looking for a thought-provoking book that will surely strengthen your faith, I would recommend this one!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Pin It

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I say just how much I adore this basket! I simply can't wait to get mine in the mail...... Have fun at class tonight and that book is next on my list!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

What a super cute spring basket. I really like the flower.

Unknown said...

Darling...and look at you go with pink!

Kim Hill said...

Love the flowers! Think I'll borrow that if you don't mind! :)

Sara Zeller said...

How cute Brenda! It's amazing all the things you can do with those cartridges. I havn't even put a dent in what I want to do. This is a lovely Easter inspiration!

Lynn said...

So cute. Love the grass around the edge. I agree with Sara. So much on those carts!

Unknown said...

Adorable! And I'll be checking out the book! Thanks for the rec!

Kristine Porter said...

I have "I Declare" on my table to read next! I am currently reading his "Friday Everyday." Great words to think about and live by. Love your basket!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...