Saturday, May 10, 2014

She Believed She Could

I was lucky enough to win this exclusive stamp at a recent Close To My Heart event.  We had to guess logos from past Close To My Heart events, and what is funny is that the logo I guessed was from the very first event I ever attended as a consultant.  Fun!!  

I think every women should have a stamp that says these words...


This is a swing card from the Artiste cartridge (page 52 Accent 2).  I used my favorite sheet from the 
Skylark paper packet as well as the Skylark textiles.  If you look closely, there's a little piece of Lagoon zipper lace by the sentiment as well.    The flower is also from the Artiste cartridge (page 44 Accent 2 + shift), and I cut five of them in 1/4" increments to layer.   The center of the flower is a piece from the Skylark assortment, I've surrounded it with a few Aqua Dots.

Now I have to go back to that sentiment.  I feel led to say something today.

Please believe that you can.

There is so much that can trip us up in life.  
Sometimes it's a missed opportunity.  Sometimes it's illness.  
Sometimes - whatever it is - it's just not fair.

But I want you to know that you can.  
With faith and belief in yourself and the power of our God, whatever you are striving for can be in your life.

She believed she could, so she did.

Thank you for stopping in today, and I hope that your day is most blessed!!

Pin It

4 comments:

Karen Day said...

A beautiful card, Brenda - and I can really appreciate your inspiring words. Happy Mother's Day :o)

Marg Van Patten said...

Beautiful card, beautiful message, beautiful YOU! Thanks for sharing your artwork and your heart with all of us.

c smith said...

This is the perfect card and verse for so many women in my life. thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us along with sharing your heartfelt verse. happy Mother's day to you

Alyson Mayo said...

I LOVE your card (and it's done in my favourite colours, too!) Your description of the sentiment is right on and so appropriate. Thank you for reminding me of what is really important :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...