Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Cards to Share

I am determined to have my Christmas cards out this weekend, so I am still busy creating them.  I suppose in the end it would be easier to make a bulk card, but I am really enjoying making each one as unique as a snowflake!  And speaking of snowflakes, I have been using them a lot on my cards!  This first one is based on a sketch from CPS that you can find here.

I just can't get enough of Bo Bunny's Midnight Frost.  Such gorgeous and peaceful paper!  I've used two Slice cards - FaLaLa for the snowflakes and Words and Expressions Holiday Words for "peace."  The stamp is one of Unity's Itty Bitty stamps.  I put glitter on the tree and star.  The gems are from Recollections.

For the next card, I used a sketch from Card Patterns.

I used some of Echo Park's Merry Christmas on this one.  Although there is green and a little bit of red, this card very non-traditional for me.  Of course, wouldn't we all like snowflakes to fall in chocolate!  The edge is Martha's double loop punch, and the snowflakes are from the Slice FaLaLa card.  Ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and the buttons/waxy flax are CTMH.  That wonderful sentiment is from Penny Black.

I finally have my house decorated!  It took some time this year to get everything up.  The tree is not decorated yet, but we are doing that as a family tomorrow evening when everyone is home.  I hope you are all enjoying these marvelous December days before Christmas!

5 comments:

Jolanda said...

what a pretty cards!!!

Agata said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

Jamie Harder said...

These are AMAZING!!! I always make several cards trying to find the perfect one to make as my bulk card and usually by the time I've found it...I've already made enough cards...lol.

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL...both of them! The first one took my breath away. I sat and looked at every last little detail for several minutes!

Barb Craft said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!! I think it is great that you are making each card unique... I am definitely going to need to start in January next year if I am going to get that done!! Love the chocolate snowflake!!
barb :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...