Saturday, January 22, 2011

Creative Imaginations IOD

I pulled out some Iron Orchid Designs paper from Creative Imagination today.  I so love the softness of the paper!  I thought as long as I was playing and making some more Valentine's that I would also enter a few challenges.  The first card is for Frosted Designs where they are asking for transparency, vellum, or acrylic.

I made an acrylic card for this challenge.  I cut a hole in the front with a circle nestabilities, and then used the scalloped circle to make a border around the cut.  (If you click on the picture, it will show larger for you and you'll be able to see the detail.)  The background paper is on the inside of the card as well as the "xoxo" and one butterfly.  "Beloved" and another butterfly are on the front.  I am so glad that FD had this challenge because it was really fun to challenge myself to make an acrylic card again!  I'll also enter this card into the Wee Memories challenge which is to "free your creativity."

I have used the sketch from Card Patterns for the next card.




Again, I used IOD paper and a matching journaling tag.  The ribbon, stamp, and sparkles are CTMH.  I am going back to playing now.  I've got some finsihed projects sitting on my desk that I'll have to wait to show you.  But I still want ot continue on in the Valentine's mode so back to crafting!!

11 comments:

all the days of our life said...

These are both GORGEOUS!!! Brenda. I love all the details in the first one. Those butterflies are beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

Laurel said...

Gorgeous cards!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Love your colors and pretty details, Brenda. Your card making talent shines!

anja curvers said...

Beautiful card and such a nice sentiment. TFP at cardpatterns.

~amy~ said...

both of your cards are spectacular! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Erum Tasneem said...

beautiful creations!!!

Barb Craft said...

Okay... I am just going to go ahead and say it.... I am TOTALLY jealous of your card making abilities!! Wow! You rocked this challenge! I love the way you cut out the center and then mounted the paper and embellies behind with just a few on top!! Stunning! Thanks for sharing it with us!!
Barb :)

whoistracy said...

What gorgeous cards! Love the soft colors and all the gems you added to the first one. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, gracious, Brenda! These are beautiful! I love the one with your transparency! The way you cut that whole in the center and added so many fabulous details and layers is genius! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Suzanne C said...

GORGEOUS! Love the details and layers!

ruth said...

OH my goodness.......GORGEOUS cards! I love all the dimension of the acrylic one where you can see all the layers....and then the ribbon just further adds to it!

Thanks for taking the challenge at Frosted Designs! :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...