Friday, January 21, 2011

Winter Wonderland

It's time for another Sassy Lil' Sketches reveal!  This is my last assignment on the layout design team.  But I am so happy that I will be staying on for the next six months as a card design team member!  I LOVE Sassy Lil' Sketches, the sketches Cherie creates, and the camaraderie on the new  Sketches forum board.  I am still a lurker and don't comment often, but it's fun to "listen" to everyone and see how paper crafting brings everyone together!  If you haven't joined yet, hop over to the forum and introduce yourself.  I'd love to see you there - and so would everyone else!

So on to Cherie's FABULOUS sketch:

Here's my take:

As much as I dislike all the snow we've gotten this winter, I have to say that I've been able to take some beautiful pictures!  Both of these trees are in our front yard, and they are just so gorgeous when snow-ridden.  For this layout, I used all Fancy Pants Hot Chocolate.  I die cut the tree and snowflakes with the Slice FaLaLa card.  I've scattered gems all around the snowflakes and on the tree.  Click on the picture to see that "puff ball" metal ribbon.  I found it after Christmas at Wal-Mart for 66 cents.  How perfect for this layout! 

I'd love if you played along!  Our sponsors this month at SLS are:
and
You have until February 5th to link up your work.  You can play with one sketch or all four that are revealed in the month.  You get one entry in the drawing for each time you participate.  Isn't that great?  We'll be having some events coming up on the forum that I think you'll like, too!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with Laurel...gorgeous layout!

Barb Craft said...

Gorgeous! I agree.. not a fan of the snow but love the pictures of snow!! I adore all the snowflakes you added to your LO!
Barb :)

Dawnll said...

I am with you my friend- so tired of snow. It is pretty at first and then it looks dirty! LOL
You have used some really yummy papers for this great layout.
Hope your doing well.
My Shane is getting married in 8 days! I am so excited and ready for it to happen.

Katie said...

Such a gorgeous winter layout! I do so love the flurry of handmade snowflakes.

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Love the snow flurries and the colors for this layout. Really sets the mood for the pictures.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...