Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine's Decor

I have been wanting to make something for Valentine's Day, and this was the perfect wall hanging for a spot I want to fill. 

I cut hearts out of Imaginisce Enchanted paper with my Slice Basics card.  Next I painted them with Ranger clear rock candy distress paint.  After they dried, I hot glued them to a styrofoam wreath.  From there, I added some i-Rock gems here and there.

My final touches were the flowers, trinket pins, and bow.  Now these are the new Imaginisce Paper Roly Rosies.  I created them by using the Imaginisce Petal Roller.  I inked the edges with Ranger worn lipstick distress ink and dotted them with icicle stickles.  The trinket pins are Making Memories and the ribbon is May Arts.

I love this little Petal Roller!  I do not have good hand coordination, and this makes things so easy for me.  Watch the video on YouTube here to see how it works.  You can see how beautiful they turn out!  I was really excited today when I found out that Imaginisce is releasing fabric Roly Rosies and different shaped flowers.  They are also going to release new i-Rock gems in different colors and shapes!  I just love when companies make things so easy and fun for me!!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

How cute!

Isadory said...

Hey!
The link to the you tube video dosnt work.
Can you fix it or maby post the link so i can copy it?? Cause it was reallt beautyful.

Cheers / Isadory

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow Brenda - this is stunnng
Lisa ;)

Barb Craft said...

Gorgeous!! This is a fabulous Valentine's decoration! And I love the flowers! I don't have that handy dandy tool yet but it is on my must buy list!! Thanks for sharing your project with us!
barb :)

Unknown said...

Beautimous! I have been trying to email you back but it keeps bouncing back to me. I tried again this morning. I hope you get it!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

This is so pretty. I love how you used the hearts.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...