Thursday, March 3, 2011

For Your Inspiration - Challenge #1

I am so excited to bring you this very first challenge for For Your Inspiration (FYI)! Did you read the bios of the design team members on FYI? I am so blessed to have this opportunity to work with each one of these talented ladies!! Every first and third Thursday of the month, there will be a new photo inspiration. You can create whatever you'd like using whatever craft you'd like! So without further ado, here is the first photo inspiration along with the canvas I created.

This is a plain 6x6 canvas that I picked up at Dick Blick. I lightly misted it with Tattered Angels Moonlight Path from the bottom left corner to the top right, but I don't know if the photo will pick that up. I pulled out one of my favorite stamps from CTMH, Key to My Heart (retired), and stamped the flourishes in opposite corners with Versamark. I embossed them with silver embossing powder. I went on to silver emboss the sentiment, hearts, and key. If you see a little sparkle in the embossing, it is because I always add a touch of prisma glitter to my embossing powder.

I wanted to show you the flower more closely.  Heidi Swapp makes mistable crepe ribbon for Tattered Angels.  I cut a 12" piece in half lengthwise (it is about 2" wide).  I glimmer-misted the pieces with Moonlight Path, and then gathered them together with black embroidery floss.  I topped them off with silver filgree and mini blue roses.  It's really very quick and easy!

I grabbed another filigree and mini rose to compliment the blue bow and key.

Now what can you come up with?  Remember, it can be absolutely anything!  Does this picture make you think of a lovely piece of jewelry you'd like to create.  Or maybe a meal with fancy place settings?  How about a sewing, knitting, or paper craft project?  The possibilities are endless!!  I hope you have the opportunity to play along in the next two weeks for your chance to become the Lovely Lotus!!

I am also going to enter this canvas in the challenge over at There She Goes Clear Stamps.  They are asking for a card made form something other than cardstock, and I think this fits the challenge perfectly!

9 comments:

Carola / Calle said...

I was stunned when I saw your card. What lovely colors you chose from the photo.

Teresa Kline said...

wow, wow, wow, Brenda, this card it stunning...you have made a stylish card...just beautiful...thanks so much for having me, I am thrilled to be playing along during the reveal...yippie!

enjoy *~*

Laurel said...

Gorgeous photo and OMG what a stunning piece of artwork you created!

Unknown said...

I am still sitting here just staring at this post after several minutes. This canvas is AMAZING and I think the way you interpreted the inspiration is perfect! I love this.

Dawnll said...

I love this canvas idea. As usual -you have used such rich colors that just sparkle.
Excellent job sweetie.

Valerie said...

Love your project Brenda - what a great take and I love how it sparkles like that photo!! Gorgeous!
So glad to be on the FYI team with you :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowzers! I love seeing the flower close ups...they're beautiful! All the shine of the silver embossing, the added sparkle and the bling are a great interpretation of the mirror-like feature of the building! Look forward to seeing more of your creations!

StephC said...

Stunning! I love the flowers, and the sparkle you've added to it all. Fantastic take on this weeks photo!

Katie said...

What a jaw-dropping beautiful card, Brenda!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...