Monday, February 2, 2009

Dreaming of Summer Vacation...

Jerry and I made our summer vacation this past weekend, and we are so excited! We are going up to Quarterdeck Resort on Gull Lake. Gull Lake is a such a great fishing lake, and I want that for Jerry this summer. He has sacrificed so much the past few years while I've worked my CTMH business. It's time that he got to have a really great vacation for all the hard work he does during the year...
And let me tell you, fishing is where it's at for Jerry! I am quite certain that he'll be up early to go hunt fish. And at night, he'll most likely be out for late night fishing. From now until we go, he'll study Gull Lake and make sure he knows the hot spots. It's going to be a great trip for him!
We are giong during something called Beanhole Days that Jerry heard about on the radio. They bake secret recipe beans in the ground overnight and then raise them the next day to serve them. Fun! There's also the Majestic Pines Art Festival, and I love the shopping in that whole area. It's going to be a wonderful vacation!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness-that is beautiful! I can't wait for our summer spot to open either!

Brenda said...

We are so excited to go! I can just feel the summer breeze off of the lake! Remember when Jerry, Shane, and I used to always take resort vacations? That is such thing! I know why you guys like your lake spot so much!!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful spot - I am sure you will have a great time!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...