Monday, May 18, 2009

Baking Oatmeal Cookies

With that huge amount of oatmeal I found last week, I decided that I need to put it to use in some cookies this morning. Shane came into the kitchen and said, WOW! You are baking from scratch?!" Does that give you an indication of how little I have done in the kitchen in the last few years. I was busy working my business, and I had to work more conveniently in the kitchen. I can already tell that my husband and son are greatly appreciated that my home cooking is coming back. Yesterday they loved my homemade spaghetti sauce over stuffed shells. I have a hunch that things like yummy oatmeal golden raisin cookies will stick around a lot longer now that I'm cooking better meals again!

Golden Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
1 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 c. oatmeal
1-1/2 c. flour
1 c. golden raisins
3/4 c. chopped pecans
Mix butter, sugars, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs until well blended. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir in raisins and pecans. Drop by spoonfuls on baking sheet until lightly brown. Do not overbake!
This recipe make a quick on the go breakfast, too. Instead of the 1 c. of butter, use 1/2 c. of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of butter.

No comments:

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...