Thursday, August 27, 2009

Simple Pet Layouts

























You know, as I took out these pictures today, I thought of something. So often I work to make the most beautiful layout filled with lots of flowers, embellishments and "things." That's great! I love looking at those layouts in my books - and I will be making a lot more of them.
However, sometimes I think I just need to relax in this hobby, this craft that I love so much. I don't want to take too much time working to make a layout just perfect, so that I eventually lose that love. I also think that it can detour people from looking a blog. I want to make things that people can easily copy without much fuss. Just a revelation I had today! LOL! Enough rambling now.
For these two layouts, I used Cloud 9 pet paper. Because the colors match, I can easily put them in the pet book side by side even thought the backgrounds aren't the same. I captured my sweet pets sleeping. And what funny personalities I've got in my house! I used Thickers letters from American Crafts, and the small embellishments and sayings are random. Didn't take much time or product, but I did what I wanted to do - showcase my sleeping beauties!
**If you'd like to see the layouts larger, just click on them.**

4 comments:

Dawnll said...

Oh your fur baby does look like mine! My Pippie is also a sleeper all day and on the prowl all night keeping watch on the house. She doesn't know she is a cat! Can you imagine a house with out a pet? I just love my partner ...I love your layouts perfect to add to any album.

Jamie Harder said...

I love layouts that keep the focus on the photos and the stories...that is what scrapbooking is all about! Great pages!! And adorable fur babies!

Unknown said...

I love this and that title is fab! I just know that Chanel and I would be great friends! I like keeping it simple too. Matter of fact, I LOVE keeping it simple but need to do that more often myself...
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

Adorable! Love the layouts and the pictures.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...