Monday, September 28, 2009

If you head over to Practical Scrappers this week, you are going to find some wonderful examples of working with transparencies. The designers have done a wonderful job of showing how to use these fun elements!

In the first layout, I've actually used two transparencies in a different way. I wanted to highlight my cute little grand-nephew while he was sitting with Santa. So I put a 4x6 transparency over his wonder-filled little face. I cut the pretty edges off of another one and used it for mats under the whole picture.


In the next layout, I've used pictures of my from my little years. I mounted the photos on cardstock and the 12x12 transparency went over the cardstock. The flowers and ribbon are on top of the transparency.

Now dig out those transparenices and see what you can come up with!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooooo, how pretty! These older photos of you re amazing. I love the way you put the flowers and ribbon on top of the transparency. Very creative. The one of your little grand newphew is so very precious. I would've never thought to cut the edges up and use it as border. Very clever!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

SO pretty! I love the vintage look of both layouts. Gorgeous work. Now, what are you doing posting? You are supposed to be slowing down!

Jamie Harder said...

Gorgeous pages!! I especially LOVE the "roots" one - I saw that transparency in the stores and wanted it....now I totally wish I bought it! Looks amazing!!

gram cheryl said...

Brenda,
Your "roots" layout was a great inspiration yesterday and then I see your card today. Wow! I am going to be lifting from you this week. Thank you.

Laurel said...

These are both gorgeous layouts!

shortywithastory said...

Wow! Both of these are AMAZING! I can't decide which one I like more - thanks so much for being wonderful, talented you!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...