Sunday, September 13, 2009

Yummy!

What a yummy dinner this was! We had come back from vacation with a good amount of fish. Jerry decided to take out the lodge pot and make a regular shore lunch dinner. Again, yummy! This is a treat in our house. Usually the fish is grilled or baked, so I look forward to the times Jerry uses the lodge pot!

So you know what was on the menu:
**Fish with the most incredible beer batter
**Hush Puppies
**Fresh Potatoes from the market
**Fried pickles

You probably thought this was great until you got the fried pickles! I had them the first time at our State Fair here in MN. Oh, they are so good! So Jerry had a little batter left and I had some Clausen pickles (the best!). Try it some time - oyu might like it!

For this layout I used the following:
Cosmo Cricket Early Bird paper and Journaling Tags (it's all about the kitchen!), CTMH Colonial White cardstock, buttons, clip, rub-ons, and edge anchors, CTMH white hemp and cocoa grosgrain.

I especially like using the rub-ons over ribbon, which is what I've done here. The edge anchors and buttons give the page a finished look to me.

Although this is a PageMaps layout, I was inspired to try this page from Cafe Mojo! Check it out, it's an awesome blog!!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure does look yummy! I love your Cosmo paper! Your take on the sketch is great! Did you know I am just now developing a taste for mild fish. Can't say I love it yet, but I can eat some...
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dawnll said...

Oh you have made me so hungry, what a great layout sweetie! I might try a fried pickle I am pretty daring.I loved this sketch and used it also .

Tina Sutton- Missgingerdots said...

This looks fabulous. I would love to come to dinner. How cool!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...