Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sharing a Little Christmas

Thought I'd share a little Christmas with you today! We've just spent the day putting up our tree and decorations, and now we are sitting down to enjoy. I love the ornaments the most. All those homemade ones from Shane as he grew. The ornament I made in Sunday School 42 years ago! All my Starbucks and Caribou ornaments. And of course, the pets all have their own personalized ornaments. Down below you'll see another one of my favorites - my sweet fluffy snowman. He's just so warm and lovely!

I also wanted to share one of the many different Christmas cards I will be sending this year. As I scrapbooked our Christmases, I save all the scraps to make my cards. So every card I send out this year will be different from the next.
I used a template to make the shape of my card. From there, I covered with Bo Bunny St. Nick paper. I had one of the matching journal cards left, so I used that with a little ribbon to embellish the card. I distressed the edges a little with desert sand ink, so it completed a vintage look.

I hope everyone's been enjoying their long holiday weekend. We sure have loved having this time together!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Brenda, I love your vintage card. THat Santa is gorgeous! Love the marquee cut on it too! Your lighted snowman is beautiful too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Tina Sutton- Missgingerdots said...

Wow that is a beautiful card. Take and post a photo of your tree, I would love to see it. I have a mess all over my house. I think I have one more day before I can enjoy!

Holiday Cheer,

Tina

Laurel said...

Wow beautiful card!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...