Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wall Hanging & Matching Tin

I've been watching Netflix on my computer and putting some gifts together this afternoon. Jerry is settled in watching the Vikings/Packers game, so I am taking this chance to play freely in my craft room.

I don't know the last time I purchased a store-bought gift. You know, I really enjoy making things for the people in my life! Today I needed to make a gift for my niece. I pulled out a round DCWV tin that had a matching accordion album in it. Instead of making an album, I made Miss Miranda a wall hanging. What girl doesn't like seeing her name on the wall with flowers and glitter? I decorated the tin as well so that she can use that for little trinkets. That's a Prima flower on top of a diecut flower from my Slice. I used the sugar-coated paper from the MME Laundry Line. All kinds of other assorted accessories as well.

Now I'm thinking I need one for me for my craft room!


6 comments:

Linda said...

Boy, is that cute Brenda!

Unknown said...

Love the new bloggy look! Your beautiful niece will just cherish her wall hanging. I think is is gorgeous and the tin is too! Love that big yummy prima on top! I'm going to be making some gifts for the holidays. I really look forward to seeing your holiday cards and goodies. Hugs
Blessings,
Kim xxx

Scrappin With Tammy said...

Simply gorgeous!

margvp said...

I see you're back to being "crafty"...that's a good thing! Gorgeous wall hanging...where did the letters come from?

Brenda said...

Marg, I used my Slice "Think Pink" cartridge for the letters. LOVE that cartridge! I am glad to be back crafting, and it feels good!

Julie Ranae said...

Brenda ~

Came by way of Laurel's blog and would love to personally invite you to play along with us over at The Play Date Cafe Challenge.

I love this project and would love to see your style represented!

Really lovely blog, as well! Gotta love Adam!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...