Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bo Bunny Button Challenge Candy Tin

We emptied a tin of General Foods International Coffee the other day, and I couldn't bare to throw the tin away. What a perfect container for little things around the house, a gift card, or to stash a small-sized gift.
I took out some Bo Bunny Tis the Season for the button challenge because I like how this particular paper could be out all year round. Along with that, I used CTMH craft buttons and waxy flax, Petaloo paper flowers, CTMH cranberry ribbon, and CTMH flower dimensional elements.

Such a cute little container! I filled it with some Lindt dark chocolate truffles (definitely my weakness when it comes to chocolate). It can sit practically anywhere in the house because of it's convenient size. This one will most likely find a home right on my baker's rack in the kitchen.

I use tins for a lot of gifts, and I am always asked what I use to hold the paper to the tin. You know there are a few different ways to cover a tin. I love Martha Stewart's decoupage glue. It comes in a rectangular bottle and has a brush in the lid. That really contains the mess of work with adhesive. Another product I use often for tins and paper projects is CTMH Bonding Memories adhesive. For this small tin, I used Terrifically Tacky tape. That holds really well, and also works fabulously for adhering ribbon.

Next time you come across an interesting tin, stash it away and play with it. You never know what you might come up with!

4 comments:

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

WOW.........this is a wonderful box!

Dawnll said...

Did I smell chocolate? You would know I would be here.I also save containers and this one is just the cutest and perfect size for a "few" treats. Sweetie did I remember to thank you for my beautiful Christma card you sent? I sure hope I did and this is just another thank you.I really loved your card and lifted your card pattern.Hope to get my cards out this weekend. Hugz sweetie.

Unknown said...

Oh, Brenda, this altered tin is a wonderful gift idea. I would have never thought to use this. I love that you've put little candies in it. That paper is beautiful and I love the way you dressed it up with the buttons and flowers.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

Adorable! I have so many things stashed, I really need to use one one day! lol, thanks for the inspiration!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...