Monday, December 21, 2009

Catching Up






I haven't gone anywhere! I have been so busy getting ready for Christmas! I have also been working almost every day (LOVE that!), so when I am home I have been taking time to get ready for this week's celebrations. I had to share a picture of these gifties that were at work for me when I left last night. What a nice thing to find!! Don't you love it? That treat bag is adorable with the polar bear. TOO MUCH FUN!

I came home on Saturday evening, and I had to take a picture of the German food my husband made for dinner. What a sweetheart!! These are called Oktoberfest Bierocks, and yes, Jerry did make these on his own! The inside mixture consists of Leinie's beer, cabbage, apples, onions, hamburger, vinegar, and some spices. They are surrounded with a bread dough, brushed with egg yol, and there you have it. He did a great job with these, and they are really yummy!! Now, he covered his heritage with this batch. Next time I'd like him to go a little more Finnish and fill the pockets with pasty fillings. That would be good, too!! It is so nice to have a husband that is not afraid of the kitchen!

I work through Wednesday evening, and then Shane is coming here on Christmas Eve and staying through Christmas night. YIPPEE!! I talk to Shane several times a week, but I don't really get to see him too often. I've already gotten his "wants" for Christmas day meals, so I'll be making our traditional quiche for breakfast (I will share my recipe with you later this week - so easy!) and ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner. Creme Brulee will be Christmas dessert. On Christmas Eve, Jerry's cousin always has a gathering, so we'll head over there for a visit.

Well, I have a little time to craft, so off to my desk I go. Especially when busy, I find it very important to do something creative every day. It's what keeps us paper crafters sane!!
I'll be catching up on reading blogs this week, and I can't wait to see what you've all been doing!!

1 comment:

Dawnll said...

I am so glad you are enjoying work! Almost feels like it isn't I bet.How nice that they shared the goodies with you and show how much they appreciate you.
Do you think Jerry would share his recipe for Oktoberfest Bierocks? This sounds like something we would love, and we also love the pasty version since my honey is from the UP.
Hope your holiday is blessed with Shane.
hugz

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...