Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Create Beauty Everywhere

Isn't this little boy just adorable? Don't you just want to pick him and give him a great big hug? This is my all-grown up Shane when he was just 5 years old. One of our favorite places to visit was Como Park Zoo and Conservatory. Shane especially loved the spring gardens, and that's what we were looking at in these pictures.

Now I know all too many moms that will not scrapbook their sons in "girl" colors. That has never been a problem for me. There are so many colors and patterns out there. I just can't see limiting all of Shane's pages to "boy" colors. For this layout, I used the Melody Ross Homespun Chic line. There a touch of sewing on this layout as well.

I have been scrapping a lot the past few days, but I only share a small portion. Usually all of my layouts go right in a book and at that point, I have surrendered them. Do you know what I mean? Scrapbooks are not just for us. They are for our future generations, and when I create pages, I am thinking of Shane and all the lovely children that I am believing will follow him. Scrapbooking is truly in the soul, I think. Yes, some of our pages are artwork from deep within us - paper crafting at it's best. But more to the point, it's what we record in pictures and in journaling that is important. Because then we've taken what's in our soul and made it our legacy. I'll take that over money anyday.

4 comments:

Dawnll said...

Amen sister. I have a post coming up this week with pieces I will be adding to layouts, I added how I like to scrap pages for my children but don't show them or show them before I put my journaling. I also like to hide stories or personal thoughts to the giftee. Your layout is wonderful sweetie...not girly looking at all. How is Shane doing? Did he start school yet ?
Hugz to you

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout. Beautiful post. I just love ya!

Unknown said...

I love this page and I'm for beautiful pictures on beautiful papers. I do flowers and bling on Jon-Christopher's pages all the time. I don't think it matters at all! I love your post. I love your soul, and I know that us finding each other as friends was God's plan long ago!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

What a beautiful layout! and I am with you on the scrapbooking - the important thing is the journaling!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...