Friday, January 8, 2010

Painting with Embossing Powder

I have been working with a new technique that I learned about yesterday. This is a technique from Stampendous. Click here to view the You Tube video. I have used versamark to emboss an entire sheet, but I didn't know a couple of things that the video teaches. Tell me what you think after you watch it! I came up with a couple of examples that I really enjoyed making!!

In the first card, I've used 3 embossing powders, Chocolate Zing, CTMH Vineyard Berry, and Vanilla Zing.The video will show you how to stamp over your "painting," but for this card I really like the CTMH rub-ons.

I went for a whole different color scheme in the next card, using CTMH embossing powders Heavenly Blue, Baby Pink, and Buttercup. This seemed to me like a very soft winter card, so again I used CTMH rub-ons. I hope that you can see the snowflakes and corner flourish. (Remember you can click on any image to view it larger!) I finished off the card with some pink velvet ribbon and a clear slide. To me, it was perfect!

I LOVE investigating new techniques and ideas! It makes paper crafting new and fresh every day. I have the next 6 days off from work, and there are a lot of new papers and ideas I am looking forward to sharing with you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooooo pretty. I love both cards!

Linda said...

I love both of these cards - so interesting!

KanataNewf said...

Absolutely gorgeous...must go watch that video!

Laurel said...

What a neat technique, such pretty cards!

Unknown said...

This is a very interesting technique too. I can't wait to try it out. These cards are just stunning! Yay, for 6 days off and time to play!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...