Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Basic Grey Origins

All three of the cards I have to show you today are done using the Basic Origins line. I looked and looked at this paper, not knowing if it was one that I'd use, but my friend Laurel convinced me in some of her posts that it is a definite must have paper! Because of the colors and addition of Buttercup CS (CTMH), all three of the cards also fit into the Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab. My kitchen is painted the warm yellow of sunflowers, and I just love waking up to that!

Ok, so here's the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger picture:
The additions to the sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches are few. A little black twill ribbon and a sentiment complete the card.
My take on the Inspirational Card Sketch #55:

The next card was fun to do because I incorporated two sketches into one card. As you'll notice, the sketches are almost mirror images. This first sketch is from Papertake: This sketch is from OCC Sketch Blog:

Here is my take on the two sketches making one card. I used a little black twill again, and I added some felt embellishments, sparkles, and rub-ons from CTMH. The flower is Bazzill.

Finally, here is my last card that I just made because I wanted to. I fell in love with this rich paper by this time and just had to make one more!! Twill ribbon and CTMH rub-ons completed the card.
I save some of my cards for birthdays, anniversaries, etc., but most of my cards go to Operation Write Home, Share-a-Card, or another place that can use the cards. No one could possibly use all the cards that I thoroughly enjoy making, so I simply give them away. Card Maker magazine has a column called Readers Reach Out and in every issue they let us know who is looking for cards. What a blessing to be able to send cards off to places that are truly in need!!
Hope you're having a wonderful paper crafting day!!

22 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

WOW. Stunning color combos, but that huge flower is so fabbie! My fav of the bunch! (pun not intended! hee hee) Thanks for playing at OCC!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards, my friend...every last one of them!

Theresa Momber said...

Fantastic cards!

Pearl said...

O I love how you're used the BG Origins pps for these cards !


Thanks for joining in the fun with ICS this week ! ;)

Unknown said...

OMG, I LOVE all your cards! I agree, this paper is a must have!!! Thanks to you, I'm going to have to get it.....yay! Love what you done on all three.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Heather said...

Pretty interpretations of the trigger!!!

Lisa said...

Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at OCCSC!

Jessica Theodore said...

Came over from ICS to see what you had done with the sketch. All your cards are wonderful TFS xx

Laurel said...

Hahaha, so glad I could enable you! These are stunning!

Gina K. said...

Love this! WOW!

Dianna said...

Very elegant cards. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week!

Lea L. said...

These are very elegant and pretty! Wonderful job!

♥♥♥Lea

Rose said...

WOW!! they are all stunning, luv that paper pack :)
thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful, rich, elegant are just a few of the words that come to mind when seeing this wonderful selection of cards. The black and gold is stunning and your designs bring out the beauty.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Beverly G said...

Whew, that is some gorgeous paper, will probably have to get some.That card with the giant flower is stunning.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Just beautiful Brenda! What stunning cards, your work is beautiful!

Thanks for playing along with us over at the OCC! Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

Jackie said...

I love all your cards. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week.

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW!
hugs!
Sharon

Trish D said...

Wow, these are all gorgeous! I keep debating about that paper, too - you might have just won me over :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Brenda! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)

Posh Designs said...

Wow fabulous cards! Thanks for playing with us over @ ICS :) ~ Nini

Lou Sims said...

Fab, striking cards. Many thanks for playing along with ICS this week. Lou x

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...