Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mom and Dad

I got up early this morning to create a little before going to work. I wanted to share the layout I made. These are pictures of my mom and dad in 1954. In the top picture he had just given her an engagement ring. It was the day after he came home from the Korean War. What a wonderful picture!! In both pictures my mother is wearing a dress, and I just love it!!

I used a sketch from Scrapbook Challenges to complete this layout. Products used are: TPC Studio paper, Prima flowers, CTMH Colonial White Ribbon, CTMH Bitty Sparkles, CTMH Waxy Flax, Making Memories pin, and Slice Design Card Think Pink. Because I've used flowers, I can also put this in the Practical Scrappers challenge.



6 comments:

Tina Sutton- Missgingerdots said...

Wow... what a great tribute. Stunning!

Unknown said...

What a special story and a beautiful layout to help you always remember it!

Unknown said...

I love this layout! Your blue and browns are just so yummy! I love this sketch too! You really rocked all these flower challenges this week at Practical Scappers! I so appreciate you playing with us!!!! hugs!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

gram cheryl said...

You've given me an idea of what to do with some older photos. Thank you! I love the color blends.

Amanda said...

This is an absolutely stunning page.. I love the colors and flowers you used.. Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers..

Amanda :0)

Laurel said...

Gorgeous layout! That paper is perfect with those photos!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...