Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Get Sketchy

I thought I would share some more Graphic 45 paper and Stampers Anonymous work with you.  I probably should tell you that the paper collections are from the Playtimes Past and Communique collections.  The SA stamp is called Good Thoughts.  For this card, I used a sketch from Get Sketchy, and I am going to show you the outside and inside of the card.

As you'll see, I used very little other than paper on this card.  A couple of Bazzill and flowers and a CTMH rub-on border.  The circle and cardstock flowers are cut with nesties and the corners with an EK Success punch.




I woke up this morning to this lovely sight in my backyard:



Such a cute bunny!  I know they wreak havoc in my flower beds, but we are firm believers in keeping our yard and woods as natural as possible.  Now I went to stand out on the deck to get a closer picture, but found I had a problem in the backyard.  There was a hawk at the base of the deck next to the woods (yes, our house is that close to our woods), and it was quietly inching it's way up to rabbit.  Instead of a picture, I put Miss Chanel (our beagle) out to do some protecting of the yard.  She got everyone moving, and I got to see the hawk soar away.  Even though they are preditory to small animals, they are just beautiful to watch fly.

On another nature-type note, yesterday afternoon I smelled smoke when I had the windows open.  It was a windy day, and I didn't know if someone had neglected to follow burning bans or if something was wrong.  We (meaning me and Chanel) got in the Jeep to check it out, and there was a huge grass fire a couple of miles from our home.  Helicopters and several fire departments were there trying to break down the fire wall, and it took several hours to stop the spread.  It turns out that it had started much further away in a ditch off the highway.  Scary thing for the folks nearby whose homes were in the path.  There is still a heavy smoke smell in the air, and it's a constant reminder of how careful we must all be when the ground is so dry.

I'm off to work now.  I'm anxious to catch up later and see what you've all been creating!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't decide which is more beautiful...the card or the bunny. I'll take one of each, please!

Dawnll said...

Oh that is a keeper, the card that is. I love the nature also but hate all the critters that eat my gardens done to nubs.
I have decided not to spend as much time planting new things but allowing what comes up to grow if it isn't eaten.

Unknown said...

Totally scrumptious card, my friend! I adore the stamp and the paper. Who can ever go wrong with a gorgeous flower?

The bunny is darling. We have them too. My house is basically in the woods, just about two feet away. My daddy has an apple orchard above my house on a hill. The bunnies love to play there!
Have a glorious day!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kerry said...

What a great sentiment and card! Adorable bunny too! :)

Jamie Harder said...

Your backyard sounds amazing!!!! Can I move in? Hee hee! LOVE your card!!!

Lisa said...

This is a great card and love that you did the inside too!

Laurel said...

Wow, beautiful card! Love that flower!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...