Tuesday, March 23, 2010

OCC Sketch Blog & Our Creative Corner

I want to know if this has ever happened to you.  I woke up at 3:00 am this morning with a card design in my head, and I couldn't go back to sleep.  I ended up coming to my craft room and creating the card.  Well, if I'm tired by mid-afternoon, we'll all know why!!

The challenge over at Our Creative Corner was to think Easter.  I tend to send traditional cards for Easter, so I wanted my card to be something striking.  Have I ever told you that this is my favorite holiday?  I find huge comfort in my life every day knowing that Jesus is real and His resurrection was real.  This holiday is a precious reminder to me that I can live Easter every day of my life.

All products from this very simple card are CTMH.  Purple represents the royalty of Jesus.  White represents purity and life.

I also created another spring card using the sketch from OCC Sketch blog.  For this card, I used Cosmo Cricket paper and K&Company paper flowers.  I used a little glossy accents on my butterfly wings and top flower to add shine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Brenda,
Your Easter card is very striking! I too love the Blessings that this holiday brings. Your card is a perfect reminder of how to live Easter everyday!
The second one is equally as gorgeous! Love the paper, the butterflies, and the yummy flower!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Simply Shaz said...

Lovely cards. LOVE the second one,very striking and pretty.
Thanks for playing along with us at OCC
Shaz x

Jennifer Stricker said...

Thanks for playing with OCC this week. I love those butterflies and flowers. I hope you play with us again next week.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...