Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Little More Pink

I wanted to make a special card for Jerry's grandmother's 90th birthday, so I grabbed some more Melody Ross pink and went about making a card.  I used this week's sketch from ICS.




I used Homespun Chic sugar-coated paper for this square card.  Don't you love the pink and green together?  I had one of these flowers on my mini album in the previous post, too.  They are so easy to make, and because I also have to be a frugal paper crafter, you will probably see a lot more of these homemade flowers in my work.  SO easy to cut those layers, and then mold with distress crackle paint.  CTMH fabric brads are so perfect for these flowers because they add the vintage element.  The hat pin is from Making Memories, and I purchased the ribbon at Wal-Mart.

5 comments:

Dawnll said...

Just perfect and yes I like the color combo and you know I love being thrifty also. I am sure grandma will love this.

Unknown said...

Yes, I do love the pink and green together. That sugar coated paper is fabby! You know how I love those yummy flowers, the sentiment is perfect! Happy Birthday to Jerry's mother!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

Yummy! Pink and green together is one of my all-time favorite color combos.

Linda said...

Is this his grandma on his Mom or Dad's side? Beautiful card!

JenMarie said...

LOVE your flowers!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...