Friday, April 16, 2010

Beautiful Brave Girl

My friend Jamie, who designs for GCD Studios, put up a challenge over at Two Peas in a Bucket.  First of all, I need to tell you what a fabulous artist Jamie is!  Please visit her site and leave her some great comments.  You will love her artwork!

This is the picture that Jamie left for inspiration:
I created a mini album with Melody Ross Homespun Chic papers, tags, and chipboard phrases.  I made a flower for the cover.  For directions to make this flower, go here to GCD Studios.  I took the flower just a step further by coating it with clear rock candy Distress Crackle Paint.  It gave the flower a little sheen and firmness.  I used bulk ribbon, prima flowers, and some pink gems.  All of the edges are distressed with white pigment ink.

I'll share the inside pages with you as well:



I left this book blank because I have a couple ideas for it.  Not sure if I'll keep it or use it for a gift.  Melody Ross has created such beautiful papers and accessories.  It was truly a pleasure to work on this!!

6 comments:

Irena said...

Lovely mini album, I love it.

Laurel said...

I LOVE this! wow!

Jamie Harder said...

Oh my gosh Brenda!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks SO much for playing along with the challenge I am hosting:-) You are the BEST and an incredibly talented artist!!!

Dawnll said...

This is simply beautiful. I love everything about it. I am so into pink lately and just want everything to be soft and pretty like that.
Great job sweetie!

Unknown said...

I agree, this is the best. It is so beautiful! I love this mini! I all the dainty girlie details! So pretty!
I've had a horrible week and I've missed visiting you! Hopefully things are getting back on track!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

JenMarie said...

Ooo...FABulous!!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...