Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Cherry on Top

Oh my goodness!  What a wonderful blog award to receive!  This is from my good friend - and a sweetheart of a gal - Dawn at Dawn's Craft Place.  Be sure to stop by and visit here.  She is filled with inspiration and you will absolutely love her artwork!

The rules for this award:
1. Thank the person who gave this award to you
2. Copy the award and put it on your blog.
3. List three things which you love about yourself.
4. Post a picture you love.
5. Tag five people you wish to pass this award on to.

The things I love about myself and a favorite picture:
  1. I think I am a pretty good mom.  Oh yes, there have bumps and snags in the road, but all in all I think that I shared loads of love and all things good with Shane.  In turn, I have learned so much from this kiddo of mine and every day I cherish the bond we have.
  2. I also think I'm a pretty good wife.  There is nothing in this world that gives me more pleasure than making my husband happy!  Last night he taught me to bait cast.  It took a little time for me to learn the concept (I've always been a bobber and worm fisherwoman), but when I reeled in a 15" northern, I think he was happy as can be!  I'm a pretty good cook, too, so he is always pretty happy about that!
  3. I love that God gave me the ability to teach people in paper crafting.  I am basically a pretty shy person (really - I am), but when it comes to teaching, something inside me comes alive! 


This is one of my favorite pictures!  It was taken in Tuscany at a very old vineyard.  We were about to leave (after a FABULOUS traditional Tuscan meal - and loads of different wines and grappa) and my CTMH friend, Sara, grabbed our camera and took this.  It's a bit out of focus, but that adds perfectly to the charm of the photo and the region.

Passing it on:
  1. I would toss this right back to Dawn.  She is supportive, inspiring, and such a fabulous person!  Thank you, Dawn for sharing yourself with me - I appreciate you!
  2. Kim at Memories in Thyme is amazing!  She is tender, sensitive, and such a genuine person.  She believes in me as a mom, wife, teacher, and individual.  Thanks so much, Kim!
  3. Laurel at Seabrook Designs is incredibly talented.  She doesn't know this, but I have grown as a paper crafter because of her!  Have you seen her work?  Stop by because she will knock your socks off!
  4. Jamie at A Happy Scrappy Place is just awesome!  I have admired her work for so long!  As I've watched her work on different company's design teams, I have picked up so many tips to help me be a better teacher!
  5. Karen  also deserves this award.  She is so sweet and has the most fabulous smile!  I love her CTMH artwork - and she has given me an enormous amount of encouragement over the last couple of years!  One or two words can make such a difference and Karen knows just what words to choose to offer encouragement.  I also admire that she added another business - Must be Charmed,  Check it out because it's really fun!!

5 comments:

Dawnll said...

Oh you honor me with your kind words. You really are the poster person for this wonderful award.
You make being a friend very easy.

Laurel said...

Oh (((blushing))) thank you I am honored! Thank you for this!

Unknown said...

Brenda,
THank you for all kind words about me! I love you to pieces! Even though we have never spoken in person, you are a very dear friend. I cherish this friendship!!!! You so deserve this award and many more!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

D said...

What a wonderful Award. I loved reading about the things you love about yourself. That picture of you and your husband is sooo romantic!

Unknown said...

I loved reading your 'things you are good at' and am so touched by the kind words you had to say about me. THANK YOU! You also enrich my life. I'm honored to call you 'friend.'

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...