Friday, June 25, 2010

Toddler Fun

I have been working on a layout today, and I still don't know if I am happy with it.  I love the pictures, but I am just not crazy about something in the layout.  If I knew what it was, I would fix it!! ;)  These are pictures from nearly 20 years ago, and I didn't have the luxury of digital prints back then.  I am just so happy to have these pictures and to have put them to another set of legacy pages!  What you have in this post are simple pages - and that's okay, too!

I based my layout on the Let's Scrap sketch for the week.  Such great sketches at this site! I think this is a fabulous place to find inspiration and sketches - amazing work at Let's Scrap!  I also noticed while I was working on it that it will work for the color challenge for Frosted Designs.


I have used Tinkerin' paper from CTMH.  I purchased this paper knowing that I didn't like it so much, but that it would be great for little boy pages. I buy paper that is suitable for my pictures.  I love that paper I don't necessarily like challenges me and helps me grow.  After nearly two decades of paper crafting, that is important!  I've used the Level 1 kit, so all the stickers are included.  I added some Making Memories Giggle Kids dots, CTMH buttons, and I put glossy accents over the word "fun" to make it pop.


I have got some news that I am busting at the seams to tell you, but I can't just yet!  Look for that annoucement on Sunday!! 

7 comments:

D said...

Silly girl. Why purchase paper you didn't love? I think it's it really cute. The problem (I think) is the sketch. I love Let's Sketch. But I think the pages are good on their own this time, not together. As a two pager, they just don't flow. Just look at their DT layouts. They don't work. Separate your pages , add something to the top of your second page and it'll be perfect. (Bossy, aren't I?)

Joni Parker said...

I like Denise's advice...and the pages theme could stand on thier own separately too. I rarely do 2 pagers, ... too challenging for me! But I dooo love yours separeted or left together!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Dawnll said...

I can't believe Denise said that! I was thinking the sketch looked like to different pages put together also...How funny.
I also have some this paper and have only cut it up and used it here and there.
I think your layouts are adorable with Shane.
I hate when people say they have something to share but you have to wait....do you want us to have a gripper???

Unknown said...

I love your pages! I love those toddler photos of Shane! That little coupe has been around a while, my brother, 30 had one, and my little kids did too. You did such a fantastic job with the sketch and color challenge at Frosted Desings! Thanks for linking it up this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Barb Craft said...

Brenda... I like it!! It is great to get so many photos on a LO!! and these photos are precious!! That paper is perfect for the color challenge!!
Barb :)

Cassie said...

So cute and great take on the sketch.

all the days of our life said...

These are so pretty. The photos are adorable. great pages. Thanks for playing with us a FD.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...