Thursday, June 24, 2010

Another Sketch from The Scrappiest

As long as I was working with The Scrappiest sketches, I thought I'd try working on Sketch #70, too.  I have been going in and out all day - such a gorgeous day!  I was gardening this morning and finishing off the last flower bed I had to work on.  So I'd scrap a little, garden a little.  All days should be this lovely!

I also incorporated another challenge into this layout from Graphic 45.  Their challenge was to use papers from their Transatlantique collection.  Such fabulous papers!!  I used pictures from when we were in the port of Malta on our Mediterranean Cruise.  The streets were so quaint in Malta.  Everyone had a gate between their heavy door (and these were some heavy doors!) and the screen door.  The ladies open their screen door and lean on the gate to chat with neighbors.  How wonderful is that?!

I created one paper flower from the Graphic 45 papers.  The crepe ribbon is from Tattered Angels and I misted it with Tuscan Sun and Coffee Shop glimmer mist.  The rose is also from Tattered Angels and is one of their new irresistible glimmer chips.  I've sprayed Coffee Shop glimmer mist on that and then painted with clear rock candy crackle paint.  Oh, the crepe ribbon and handmade flower also have crackle paint on them.  The luggage, words, and stamps were cut from paper.  In order to give the luggage a more realistic look, I put glossy accents on the straps and edges.  Fun, old fashioned paper that suited these pictures well!

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Fabulous layout Brenda! The pictures are wonderful and I love the Graphic 45 you used. Nice rich colors that compliment your photos!

Laurel said...

Oh my so fabulous! love it!

Fern said...

Beautiful layout, Brenda!! Love the Graphic 45 paper and that flower!! Hugs!!!

Barb Craft said...

Brenda.. this is lovely!!! The papers are so yummy and I LOVE the photos!!! Have a fabulous weekend!!
Barb :)

Unknown said...

I loved Malta too. The layout is gorgeous.

D said...

What a gorgeous page! I love G45 paper. What an exciting trip that must have been :)

Unknown said...

great photos, lovely layout.

Lisa Smith said...

WOW! Your layout is absolutely beautiful!!
http://lisasmith1019.blogspot.com/2010/06/zoo-trip.html

Kelly B Rutherford said...

Wonderful LO and love your blog!

Scrapenabler said...

Nice layout.

Monique Liedtke said...

Love your take on the sketch! and love those photos!! (I would love to go to Malta one time!!) Thanks for playing along this week at The Scrappiest!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...