Saturday, August 14, 2010

Better Living through Scrapbooking Reveal!

Here we are again for our 3rd week at Better Living through Scrapbooking!  Are you playing along?  If you participate in all the challenges during the month, you are eligible for the grand prize (see it on my right sidebar).  But don't let that stop you, there will be occasional goodies and RAK as weekly prizes!! 

This week's challenge is to do a photoless layout of a happy memory or event.  You need to choose at least 2 of the following on your layout:

1. Use memorabilia in lieu of photos. If you have a map, brochure, flyer, receipts, or other paperwork from that day or event, use them on the layout.
2. Create your own photos of the memory or event. Take photos of favorite souvenirs from the day or event. Use your kids or grandkids, pets, or even dolls or stuffed animals to recreate a photo to represent the memory.
3. Use your favorite die-cut machine to create your page title.
4. Use at least two metallic elements on the layout.
5. Distress some element of your page – fray, tear, or crumple paper, or use distress ink or other distressing techniques on your page.

Does that sound challenging?  I thought so, but get an idea down, and soon your page just flows!  I am anxious to see what you come up with!  Here's mine for you:

This layout is of my 48th birthday. Jerry and I were going to spend the day at the Mall of America. I walked out of a store to find Shane waiting for me to, too!! What a great surprise! I was treated to a coffee at Caribou, a bag of Brighton, and an extremely wonderful day!! I had my camera, but I was enjoying myself so much that I forgot to take pictures!

I used four of the options on my layout. A Brighton bag was cut apart and used for the number 48 and as an element. I die-cut my title “queen for a day” with my Slice Bon Appetit card. Do you see that sparkly crown and key? Those are my metal embellishments. To create the flowers, I tore Brighton tissue paper (more memorabilia!) in crude circles, and then ripped the edges. I inked them with white pigment ink and then added some (well, a lot - and it's still all over to prove it!) glitter. Fun flowers! The cute little lady sticking out from the flowers was chalked, and her hair, wings, and dresses were coated with crackle accents.  Here are some close  up shots:



Aren't those flowers so pink and pretty?!


This vintage stamp from Unity and Melody Ross is so lovely - but even better when coated with crackle accents!


Items used: Melody Ross Homespun Chic collection; American Crafts and May Arts ribbon; Unity Brave Girl stamp; SU! journaling tag; Creative Imaginations pearl brads; Studio Decor metal; Recollections pearls; CTMH black cardstock, prisma glitter, chalk, and white daisy pigment ink; Ranger Crackle Accents

Now, why don't you hop on over to Better Living through Scrapbooking and play along!  I think you will love it!

8 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful, love those flowers!

Dawnll said...

Oh my word I love this - I can't wait to play along with this one. Boy I need to put up last weeks , I will be getting behind.
LOVE LOVE all your great deatails!

D said...

Gorgeous layout Brenda! Such a hard challenge, but you made it look easy!

Unknown said...

I LOOOOOVE that you scrapbooked this memory without any photos. I think so often if we don't have photos we don't scrapbook it. But, sometimes the most precious memories are the ones we forget to take photos at because we are so caught up in enjoying the moment. AWESOME page!

Barb Craft said...

Brenda... this LO is fantastic!! I love that you were able to scrap this memory and not use a single picture!! Love the flower and how you used the bag in your LO... very clever!!
barb :)

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic layout and I just love all the elements you brought together to capture such a wonderful memory!

Unknown said...

OH my sweet friend, look at this fabulous layout! I love, love, LOVE your flowers!!!! I also adore you sharing your memomry of this perfect day with us!!! This challenge was so fun to do, wasn't it?!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sandy Ang said...

Such a fab combo of patterns and images on your Lo!Love to see you link it up at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...