Friday, August 13, 2010

A Layout and a Card

Oh, I was having fun in my craft room today.  I only got a few things done, but I've cleaning so that's always a good feeling!

I decided to enter the Page Maps contest.  It's such an awesome prize (aren't vendors just so generous?!) that I couldn't resist.  I wanted to making a page to go with my round owl page in the previous post, so I again pulled out some Adornit.  Here's the sketch and prize:

I am seriously in love with Echo Park papers and this set looks just grand!  Well, here's what I came up with:

As I said I used Adornit papers.  Note that I actually did stitch on the three sides.  That's a huge feat for me!  My sewing machine is an old, old black Singer with the knee pedal, so you will only ever see straight stitches from me.  But I love that machine and so I will use it!  I cut the letters with my Slice Basics 1 card.  Simple layout, but I love it!

I have a card to show you, too.  I can't seem to put down the Webster's Pages paper.  I combined it with some Unity stamps:

That little diamond background under the sentiment stamp is a background stamp from Unity.  I think that is my favorite Unity stamp!  So pretty when used like this!

Off ot make dinner for my hubby.  Hope you are all looking forward to a great weekend!  Don't forget about my blog candy!!  Click on the photo at the top of my right sidebar and it will take you to the post!

7 comments:

Dawnll said...

Such a great job with both of these. I am in love with the webster pages and am waiting to get my package I won. Oh I hope it comes soon. Great job sweetie, hope you have a great weekend.

Laurel said...

Wow gorgeous, especially that card!

Unknown said...

BOTH are so stunning...but that card just took my breath away!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card and layout! God luck with the PageMaps contest!

Unknown said...

Look at how crafty you have been. I love this layout, the earthen colors are so perfect for these photos! I love it!!! Your card is so gorgeous! I love how the diamond stamp looks on there too!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Jamie Harder said...

LOVE the stitching!!! and that GREAT title work!!

Barb Craft said...

Brenda... this LO is stunning!! Those papers could not be any more perfect for the photos!! and look at you sewing!! I am so impressed!! I received a sewing machine for Christmas last year and it seriously took me 5 months just to get it out of the box! and then, my daughters 8 year old friend had to teach me how to use it!! How sad is that?!! You did a fabulous job with your stitching and it adds just the right embellishment to a fabulous LO!!
barb :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...