Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sassy Lil' Sketches Reveal!

I have played along with Sassy Lil' Sketches all month, but this is my first reveal as a Sassy!!  Isn't that exciting?!  I have been looking forward to this day!  I will always post the monthly prize on my sidebar and play along from week to week, but you will see my reveals on the 21st of the month.  Okay, on to the sketch from Cherie:

Here is my take on this great sketch!


(You may want to click on this layout to see some more detail.)  These are pictures from 1991, and they were a little dark.  So I needed to find some paper that would compliment them.  I chose to use Fancy Pants Like Father, Like Son.  The Sassies were given an opportunity to work with some Cutting Cafe images (they are one of our monthly sponsors), and I just loved playing with them! I printed the top banner on one of the designed papers.  I layered it with CTMH colonial white cardstock, and then another banner.  I printed "Party Time" directly on carstock.  For added embellishment, I've used a lot of CTMH Autumn Terrecotta buttons, brads, and pin.  The mat for the line of three photos is CTMH adhesive twill.  This was a fun layout! 

On Monday (September 23rd), there will be a Sassy Lil' Sketches blog hop.  Be watching!  I know there are going to be great prizes!!
Now hop on over to Sassy Lil Sketches and play along!  I'll stop in and see what you've done with the sketch!!

8 comments:

Laurel said...

Great take on the sketch, love the banner!

Dawnll said...

I love that banner also, such a great addition. Love the sketch and you did such a great job with it.

Scrapenabler said...

Love what you did with the sketch.

Deanna said...

Wonderful take on that Sassy Lil' Sketch and love the papers you chose here!

Jamie Harder said...

I just love all those cute brads in your banner!!! Fabulous!!!!

Unknown said...

Your layout feels like a well-loved antique quilt to me. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you to be a sassy lady!!!! I know that you are super excited to be designing for them! This first layout is terrific, I adore your banner, the papers and your fab take on the sketch! And yes, your papers really compliment the photos!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

School is back in full swing and things are going great! Our new principal is awesome, it feels so good to have a leader in our building, especially one who supports us! Things are just hectic!

Katie said...

Your take on the sketch is so wonderful & I love how you used the banners in two different ways.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...