Monday, September 20, 2010

Happiness Is...

I had the pictures from our 20th anniversary celebration put into an 8x10 collage.  So easy to do, and what a fun way to scrap all the pictures!  I scrapped this on a True Fit Folio from CTMH.  Have you seen these?  They are just the best thing, and I have a lot of them in my scrapbooks.  They come white and are like file folders for your scrapbook.  I put menus and little memorabilia in this one.

Items used:  Graphic 45 Steampunk paper; CTMH Black Textured Cardstock, True Fit Folio, Pewter Brads, and Rub-Ons; Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals Die; Ranger Clear Rock Candy Distress Paint; Imaginisce Hot Rocks and i-Rock tool; Prima flowers; Tattered Angels Crepe Ribbon; May Arts ribbon; Fiskars Scalloped Border Punch

Now, I want to share something with you - and even show you an example.  Yesterday my mother-in-law was here scrapping with me.  She brought some magnetic albums in order to take the pictures out.  The pictures are faded from being in the magnetic, and when she pulled the first one out, it tore! 

I am so glad she is doing this.  I took a picture to show you how difficult the process was.  She carefully peeled each one using my Slice spatula.  Oh gracious!!  If you still have pictures in magnetic albums, you might consider taking them out soon!  If you are a legacy scrapper, you want your pictures to last through the generations and they just won't last in those old magnetic books.  Just my two cents for the day - LOL!!

4 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Love your layout!! The collage of photos is fantastic...what a GREAT way to fit so many photos onto your page!!

Dawnll said...

Love the collage idea for great pictures sweetie!
I always love your choice of papers, fun.
I am with you about the magnetic albums, I do have a few of my high school days in them and need to pull them out. Most of my younger years were in them and now completely gone, my mother tossed them when she couldn't get them out.

Irena said...

Great page, lovely papers, great flowers.

Linda said...

Great page!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...