Sunday, October 24, 2010

Better Living Through Scrapbooking Reveal

“Favorite Recipe Challenge” at Better Living Through Scrapbooking
Create a page showcasing your favorite recipe that you received from your mother, grandmother, or other relative or family friend.

Choose at least 2 of the following:
1. Include a photo of yourself preparing the dish, or a photo of the completed dish.
2. Include a photo of the person who gave you the recipe.
3. Make a copy of the original recipe, or hand write the recipe on a card and include it on your layout.
4. Use cardstock as your background, but ink, stain, paint, or color-spray it to make it unique.
5. Use a shape punch or border punch somewhere on your page.



I guess I started using this recipe about 12 or 13 years ago. On Christmas morning, we always went to my in-laws for brunch, and my mother-in-law made her traditional brunch. As Shane grew, we decided to start staying home for our own traditional brunch. And that’s what this quiche is. I make it every single year. I also use this recipe when we have company. It’s so easy, and it’s a press-in-the-pan crust. No rolling pin!! Really don’t you think it looks yummy?

I have used three of this week’s options in my layout:
#1 – I used a photo of the finished dish that was taken last Christmas
#3 – I die-cut a fancy recipe card using my Slice Bon Appetit card and hand-wrote the recipe for the layout
#4 – I used kraft cardstock for my background. I so seldom do that! It was fun to paint it using the big circle mesh. I let the mesh dry and added that to the page as well. The splatters in the corners are from an All Night Media background stamp. I love that one!!

Can I tell you a secret? I have really been challenged this month designing for Better Living Through Scrapbooking! I am not much of an emphera girlie, but these challenges have helped me grow and learn more about myself as a scrapbooker. I truly appreciate that about BLTS, and I hope as you go through the challenges you learn more about yourself, too!!

Sponsored Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock “Kraft 80# 12×12, Really Red Cardstock 80# 12×12″
Stamps: For the Luv of Art “My Favorite Things stamp set; Plaid All Night Media Splatter Background stamp”
Papers and embellishments: Gauche Alchemy “Acme Mixed Media Paper Crafting Kit (mesh); Kitsch Delish Mixed Media Paper Crafting Kit (Basic Grey rub-ons, Nook Pantry paper; Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess paper)”
Paint: Plaid “Apple Barrel: Antique White”

Additional Supplies Used:
Embellishments: American Crafts “Chocolate Ribbon”; Making Memories Slice “Bon Appetit design card” Colorbox “Chestnut Roan ink”

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous layout, that paper is perfect for it!

all the days of our life said...

This is yummy... Great LO.

Unknown said...

Yep, this is a yummy looking quiche! I love these longstanding traditions! I want to do a book all about them!
Love those paper and how you used the metalic ribbon to spray your kraft paper! Great job, my friend!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dawnll said...

What a wonderful tradition! I love quiche and always a simple recipe that is tested already.
Great layout sweetie.

jessica_haley555 said...

I love the patterned paper you used. Work great with the theme and photo. Really nice work!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...