Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sending Warm Wishes

You may not have heard from me as much lately, but I sure am doing artwork!  I've been doing a lot of design team work, so in time you will see it all!  Today, though, I wanted to put together a quick card for Sentimental Sundays.  I loved the sketch they have, and I knew just what items I wanted to use, so it came together relatively quickly!


I used CTMH chocolate textured cardstock for the base.  I think I noticed when I was browsing through the catalog that they no longer have textured cardstock.  I am very, very sad!!  I would be willing to pay more $$ to have all of my CTMH cardstock textured.  I love the many ways it sands.  I have tried other brands, but with out the solid white core, it's just not the same.  A few other CTMH items I used are Pretty Pins, Cherry-O patterned paper, and a Big Pink flower.  If you like these things, contact your consultant soon!  I understand that they are all on the retiring list.  The ribbon is May Arts and the gems are Mark Richards.

I also entering this card in the Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge (ribbon).

18 comments:

Dorcas said...

Hi Brenda! Awesome card! Thanks so much for joining us at SS!

Laurel said...

So pretty, love those big flowers!

Unknown said...

Love what you did with all that CTMH product!

Barb Craft said...

Brenda... this is gorgeous!! I love pink and brown together and you have done it beautifully!!
Barb :)

Lisa Jane said...

wow Brenda - gorgeous , love that big flower!
Lisa ;)
ps you could enter this into our ribbon challenge at ladybug crafts ink this week
Lisa ;)

mrsk06 said...

Hey Brenda! Totally gorgeous card and the flower sets it off a treat! Thanks for playing along with Sentimental Sundays this week! hugz Sal xx

Whimsey said...

What a GREAT card; I love that ginormous flower - it rocks! Love the color combo - yummy!

Thanks for playing in LCI's ribbon challenge!!

Kerry said...

This is gorgeous Brenda! I love the colours (one of my favourite colour combo's) and that flower is megalicious! Thanks for joining in LCI ribbon challenge :-D xx

pinky said...

What a gorgeous colour combination and boy that flower just cheers me up!! Thanks for entering our challenge at LCI this week.
Pinky

Shirl said...

Wow that flower is sure a show stopper it is gorgeous, compliments the card perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays.
Hugs Shirley x x

Highland Handmade said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts Ink
Tams

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love that big flower and the CTMH DP. Thank you for joining our sketch challenge at Sentimental Sundays

~Cheryl~

Tracey said...

Fabulous card, you did a great job with the sketch :)

Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Jeanet van der Lee said...

Hi Brenda, I love your card. What a huge flower is that, great. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays and good luck, hugs Jeanet.

Sue U said...

Hi Brenda, love the colours (pink and chocolate are one of my faves""), great flower too Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge this week

Sue xx

Ann English said...

Terrific! I love your take on this sketch! Thank you for joining us this week for the Sentimental Sundays challenge!

Tracy Valure said...

Adorable! I recognize all those CTMH products....very nice! ;-) Good luck and thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!
Tracy V

HappyCrafter said...

This is so pretty, love that big flower! I'm glad you played along with us this week at Sentimental Sundays :-)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...