Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wish

It's time for a fun new challenge at Sarah Hurley Challenges!  This week we are using a sketch from our wonderful guest designer, Jackie.  Be sure to stop by and see the rest of the design team members work.  The samples using this week's sketch are just amazing!


I couldn't help but use Sarah's Spooky Halloween digi set again.  It's so bright and cheery - and I knew it would be versatile!! 


I pleated one of the border strips to add a little "fancy."  The buttons seemed to make perfect balloon/bubble type elements.  I folded up several of them to make a fun little flower to put above the word.  (Don't worry - I'll show you how to do that soon!)  This was a fun card to make from a great sketch!  I hope you have time to play along!!

This card also fits a couple of great challenges - Party Time Tuesday (anything goes with birthday sentiment on the front) and Sentimental Sundays (birthday with a sentiment)

6 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Brenda... this is gorgeous!! I love how you made the flower from buttons and the pleated ribbon adds a great touch!!
barb :)

Pat said...

This card is so fun!!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

How bold and beautiful!
Hugs
Tanya

Lisa Jane said...

I love your interp-retation of the sketch and those papers are my favourite
Lisa ;)

Nancy said...

Wow, I just love your bold colors!! And the shapes are fantastic!! Thanks for partying with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love your paper!! Awesome design and thank you for playing at Party Time Tuesday and hope to see you play again next week!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...