Sunday, December 12, 2010

Peace on Earth

Last week I shared that I am the Guest Designer over Weekly Christmas Card Challenges.  It's week two, and the challenge is Angels this week.  I couldn't help but pull out a long since retired stamp from CTMH.  It is actually one of my favorite Christmas stamps.

I stamped the angel on some Fancy Pants Christmas Magic and did a good amount of layering.  The sentiment is a journaling block from the same collection.  The ribbon and pearls are from my stash.

I am so glad I found Christmas Card Challenges!  I will start right away making my cards using their fabulous weekly prompts.  If you are so inclined, give it a try this year!

If you haven't heard, we've been hit hard with snow here in Minnesota.  From Friday night to Saturday night, we gained 20+ inches of snow!  It has been pretty, but wow, this weekend was not so much.  It was very blizzard-y yesterday with blowing snow and drifts.  Many stores and businesses closed early yesterday, but we're back to normal today.  The Minnesota Vikings football stadium is a dome, and it collapsed from the snow - what a thing to watch on the news!  I can't remember the last time we had this much snow consistently before Christmas.  There truly have been some years when we've had no snow on the ground at all for the holiday. Now it's turned to bitter cold - below zero temperatures, so it's another indoor day.  Lots of scrapping to do, so I am okay with that!

1 comment:

Dawnll said...

What a beautiful angel card and I always love your layering.
We are getting the tail end of that storm that hit you- we had almost a day of poring rain and now freezing temps and blustery winds. I think everything is frozen!
Sorry about your dome also, even though I am a big Packers fan I don't like to see horrible things happen to anyone.
Take care and warm.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...