Monday, January 10, 2011

Child of Mine

First of all, I've been posting a lot in the last couple of days, so be sure to scroll down if you'd like to see more artwork!

I saw the sketch over at Bo Bunny and decided I just had to play.  I had taken this picture of Shane with Miss Chanel #5 on Christmas Day, and I just knew Bo Bunny's Noel was the paper I wanted to use ot scrap it.  Here's the sketch from layout Friday:

As you can see, I replaced the two photos with one 5x7:

When you have all the matching elements, a layout can come together pretty quickly and this one did.  The only part that took a bit longer was fussy cutting the holly from a sheet of paper.  But those of you that know me well know that I love to fussy cut, so it's never a hindrance for me!

The challenge at Lasting Memories is to show your style, and this layout depicts my style perfectly.  I like clean lines and matching elements.  Mostly though, I like to embellish in a way that is "just enough."  I never want my pictures to be hidden but rather to be the first thing you see.

Back to my paper, inks, and embellishments!

10 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Brenda!! I love this layout. It's perfect! You sound like me with your layouts. This is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Lasting Memories and we hope to see you again!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Brenda

I love your interpretation of the sketch. Great colours and shows the picture off perfectly. thank you for sharing your style with us at Lasting Memories.

Hugs Ali x

Denise Pustelniak said...

Pretty layout! The colors are FAB! What is Fussy cutting anyway?! :)Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Barb Craft said...

Gorgeous LO Brenda! I love the way you layered the flowers in two colors! And your fussy cutting is the perfect finishing touch for this beautiful LO!
barb :)

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful page! I tend to gravitate toward your style, just a little bit of everything in just the right places!

Unknown said...

Brenda, This is a definite WOWIE! I love, love, love this layout. It was so great to hear your voice yesterday!

Tara O said...

Very pretty! Love those papers!!

Sue said...

Brenda, Great take on the sketch. The papers and embellishments are perfect for the photo. It looks great. Thanks for playing along at Lasting Memories.

Stacy H-W said...

Such a lovely layout Brenda!! I love your style so much. Hugs!

Big Red Scraps said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the flowers and touch of lace. Thanks for playing along at Lasting Memories!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...